How to book with us
1. Send us an e-mail to .
2. If you still have any questions we will be happy to answer all of them.
3. You're ready to book? Great! Choose the kind of eco trekking or eco tour you would like to join and tell us:
Your desired dates for trekking, accommodation and tours separately
For how many people you want to book
If you want to stay in our Sumatra Vibes Eco Stay or somewhere else
If you need a transport from/ to Medan or Medan Airport
4. We ask you to make a deposit of 25€ per person. We prefer payment on our Indonesian bank account via TransferWise. With this deposit we can ensure you that your chosen dates are blocked for you and our staff are available for you.
5. After we received your booking mail we will send you an email of the amount to pay & more information about your booked trek/tour/package. You will have 14 days to pay the deposit. Only after we received your payment we can send you a final booking confirmation.
6. You pay the rest of the amount in cash to us upon your arrival in Bukit Lawang. Please bring it in the Indonesian currency IDR. We recommend you to bring enough cash from the airport in Medan as their ATMs are always working and never out of money.
Deposit and refund policy
Deposit via paypal, transferwise or Bank Transfer
You can choose to make the deposit via PayPal, Transferwise or Bank Transfer. Our favorite is Transferwise as it has the cheapest fees and is very easy to handle for every person & you do not need to have a credit card. We will send you an e-mail how to pay with each option and you can choose by yourself. Please tell us when you have made the payment so we can check its arrival.
If you have any reason why you want to cancel your booking it is fine for us. Just send us an e-Mail and we will send you a confirmation of your cancelation. For our refund policy check below.
You can reschedule your trip (date, tour packages, and more) with a maximum of 30 days before arrival. Additional fees only apply if you upgrade your booking.
Please understand that we are not able to do refunds if you cancel less than 30 days ahead of your booked date. If you cancel earlier we will refund you the deposit excluding the fee charged by the transfer providers.
Donate instead of refund. In case you cancel more than 30 days before your arrival you can decide to donate this money through us to a local charity instead of asking for the refund for yourself. Check out Project Wings, the great recycling project we support.
Please note that we have this regulation to be able to cover the trek & tour booking cancelation and the compensation of the salary of our guides/staff, booked equipment or car/driver reservation.
1. Sumatra Vibes Trek & Travel does not provide any kind of insurance. Please consider an international or travel health insurance from your home country. Our guides will do their best that nothing happens to you while trekking, but even the bravest jungle explorer can get a smaller or bigger scratch or catch a tropical desease. We just want to make sure that IF this happens you are able to go get the best treatment no matter what.
2. We are not liable for any damages or injuries suffered in consequence of anything, howsoever caused, in connection with services carried out by us, third parties or arising from the use of accommodation or transportation or other service, or for labour strike, political unrest, weather conditions or natural disasters which are beyond our control.